Franklin was born in South Los Santos, but he never had a family,money or an education to rely on. At some point in his young life, he began the life of a gang banger and dope dealer, but was arrested for it soon afterwards. He decided to give up his old life in the ghetto after he was released from prison.
- In his early 20s; works at a luxury car dealership.
- In the short demo previewed by Game Informer, Franklin was driving around Vespucci Beach (GTAV’s equivalent of Venice Beach) in his 9F (equivalent to Audio R8).
- He goes hustling now and then, and he met Michael during one of these events (through a repo job).
- He’s a skilled driver and sniper.
- Michael is his mentor.
- Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and his special ability is slowing down time whilst driving.
- Franklin will always be the best driver despite the ability to raise skill levels.
Events of GTA V
During some point in his life, it turns out that Franklin started to get higher in life when he began street hustling while also working for some Armenian gangsters who own a luxury car dealership, which is a base for them to run their loan-sharking operation. Once they default on there payments, Franklin comes into the picture to play the role of the grim repo man and take the cars from them forcefully. As a result of this, he is frequently seen driving around the city in many seized sports cars.
Even though Franklin is an ambitious hustler, he is tired of being stuck in the life of a low-life common street gang banger in Southern Los Santos, and wants to move ahead in the criminal underworld around the whole of Los Santos. This is when he meets Michaelwhen trying to get a hustle. Both men did a job together and afterwards, Michael saw potential in Franklin which is when Franklin joined Michael and his lunatic friend Trevor. This is where GTA Vtruely begins.
His personal story is he’s stuck between the allure of two worlds as he begins his ambitious and great rise from the hood. However, his friends are holding him back from doing so and are even trying to get him to come back into the world of small time street crime and gang-banging.
Franklin is described as ambitious but perhaps to a fault and very eager to take on new illegal challenges by Dan Houser’s description. He is also described as a logical way of showing a young man with a lot of hope, with Dan Houser claiming that this would be a nice contrast from Michael. He also is a person that, even though is being mentored by Michael in crime, mentors Michael in life. This helps build up the Father-Son relationship between the two.